Thursday, February 13, 2014

Berlin | Day One: The Concert


Before we get to Berlin, let's rewind...

It all began when I was driving with my windows down and rocking out to "Call Me Maybe" on a beautiful autumn day in Wiesbaden in our new (to us) Jetta. Suddenly, I see a flash out of the corner of my eye. This flash isn't a good flash, but rather a I-just-got-a-speeding-ticket-oh-crap! flash. You see, despite what you've heard about being able to speed in Germany without consequences, it is a dirty lie. Probably sarted by the German Polizei to give foreigners this notion that you can put the 'pedal to the metal' 24/7. False. There are portions of the autobahn which don't have speed limits, but most of the time you have a max of 120kmh.

Since this (unfortunately) wasn't our first flashy ticket we knew that in about four to six weeks we would get a ticket by mail in a plain white envelope to the name and address listed under our registration. The ticket includes a photo of the driver at the time of the incident, a photo of the front license plate timestamped, how fast you were traveling and the amount of the ticket.

After I got over being upset that I was 99 percent sure I had just gotten a speeding ticket, I started thinking how hilarious the photo was going to be of me rocking out to Carly Rae Jepsen's annoyingly catchy song. I pictured the DMV equivalent (TUV) having a good laugh (except Germans don't laugh) at the crazy American dancing and singing in the car.

Weeks came and went with no tickets in the mail until one day I saw it. Or what I thought was it. This envelope was also very plain and addressed to Richard (like I expected since his name is on the registration). So, of course I ripped it open without another thought. Oops. Instead of a speeding ticket was two concert tickets with not my photo, but Miss Taylor Swift's photo underneath "THE RED TOUR." I may or may not have screamed with joy... I'll leave that up to you. The concert was to be held in Berlin on February 7 at the O2 World Arena.

Fast Forward.

A beautiful and windy five and half hour drive to Berlin got us there just in time to change clothes, grab a quick bite to eat and head over the arena.{Side note: my husband took the day off work to take me to see Taylor Swift since the concert was on a Friday evening. He's amazing. I know.}
Also, I'd like to disclaim that you will never, ever, ever see me in red & black again. This Auburn girl doesn't do those colors, but I made an exception since this Zara dress was super cute and on sale (great find, Michelle!) and I had to have an accent necklace in the color/name of Taylor's tour. OK, I feel better now that I've gotten that confession off my chest. :) Oh and War Eagle.

"Lovin' him was RED"
YAY! WE LOVE TAYLOR SOOO MUCH!!
"Holy Ground"

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!"
"All Too Well"

"Love Story"

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
The concert was incredible! It was more like a production and less like a concert which took me back to my Nsync days. In the words of Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect, Taylor crushed it! Even Richard said it was a good show although he wouldn't go on the record stating he actually enjoyed himself. Good thing they sell adult beverages at these shows for the men! But seriously, if you get the chance to see her either in this tour or another, do it! I don't care what her haters say (cough... Lindsay...) she is an extremely talented singer/songwriter. Not to mention she has mastered the hair flip/head bang thing while she's playing the guitar and piano. Impressive!

Oh and to answer your question... I still have not received a speeding ticket! :)



Tschüss!

2 comments:

  1. You would have made one cute GA girl! Haha, but I am sure that dress made it all worth it for Rich. So cute!

    ReplyDelete